The Codes and Regulations Committee provides technical support on code-related issues to the Government Affairs Policy Advisory Committee (GAPAC) and educates BOMA members about the impact of construction industry codes, standards, ordinances, and regulations on the commercial real estate industry.
It also provides input on the code-making process at the state and local levels consistent with BOMA’s policy positions.
- Support member information needs regarding codes, building permit procedures and policies, and their implementation and impact on commercial property owners and managers
- Identify codes, procedures, and policies related to commercial real estate
- Sponsor an annual seminar on such issues as are relevant and of timely interest to the membership
- Provide brown bag talks, written articles in the BOMA newsletter, and email alerts as necessary
- Serve as the primary committee connecting BOMA San Francisco to the San Francisco Building and Planning Departments, the Building Inspection Commission, the Access Appeals Commission, the City’s Code Advisory Committees, and other bodies representing building codes and code enforcement at the state and local level
Chair: Jim Albrecht, Barker Pacific
Vice Chair: Nathaniel Merriss, FORGE SF
Board Liaison: Anne Hill, LPC RiverRock
Staff Liaison: David Harrison, Manger of Government Affairs
If you're interested in joining the committee or attending a meeting, please contact David Harrison, the committee staff liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Meeting Dates:
The Codes Committe meets every last Wednesday of the month.